Fairbanks morse dating
H-10-44s 278 and 270 (location unknown) in September 1972 " data-medium-file=" data-large-file=" src=" alt="H-10-44s 278 and 270 (location unknown) in September 1972" width="600" height="402" class="size-medium wp-image-38435" srcset=" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px" /H-10-44 273 at (date and location unknown) (James Primm) " data-medium-file=" data-large-file=" src=" alt="H-10-44 273 at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (James Primm)" width="600" height="406" class="size-medium wp-image-38219" srcset=" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px" / H-10-44 273 at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (James Primm). The locomotive is spotted outside the west end of the diesel shop at East Yard.The Fairbanks-Morse locomotive fleet was concentrated in Oklahoma, with the shop in Tulsa as the primary maintenance shop. F-M retained the services of renowned industrial designer Raymond Loewy to create a visually impressive carbody for the Erie-built.
Orders to the Canadian Locomotive Company were also forthcoming in Canada from the Canadian Pacific and Canadian National railways.
Moreover, railroads were quickly moving away from cab unit designs, and standardizing on road-switcher designs, as offered by the competition in the form of the EMD GP7 or the ALCO RS-3 and even the Baldwin DRS-4-4-1500.
By 1952, orders had dried up in the United States, with a total production run of only 99 units.
Power Type: Diesel Electric Builder: Fairbanks-Morse Built date: March 1950 to February 1955 Total produced: 99 (USA), 66 (Canada) Configuration: Bo-Co/ Four and Six Axle Wheel Trucks.
The Consolidated line, or C-line, was a series of diesel-electric railway locomotive designs produced by Fairbanks-Morse and its Canadian licensee, the Canadian Locomotive Company.
This permitted the Frisco to concentrate maintenance expertise, special maintenance equipment and parts supply at a single location.